At Frith Manor, we recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of the children. We believe that an innovative and varied PE curriculum and opportunities for extra-curricular activities have a positive influence on the attitude, concentration and academic achievement of all our children.
Our Primary School Sport’s Funding will allow us to continue and extend our provision through employing additional sports professionals, training our staff to deliver in-house high quality PE sessions and will enable us to enter and compete in more competitive sports both competitions both in and outside of school.
Primary School’s Sports Funding
What is the Sports Premium?
The DfE have made available £8000 lump sum per school and £15 per pupil funding to promote and develop the teaching of primary PE and increase opportunities for inter school sport and competition.
Funding has changed from 2017-18 with an increase to £16,000 plus £10 per pupil.
Impact of our use of the Sport Premium:
- Pupil’s enjoyment of sporting competition.
- Improved physical gains.
- Access to improved resources and higher level coaching.
- Staff confidence and expertise has increased.
Possible uses of the funding include:
• Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE to ensure high quality lessons are taught
• Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/sport
• Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
• Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
• Buying quality assured professional development modules or material for PE/sport
• Providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and residential visits
• Introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport