What is Pupil Premium? The pupil premium is a sum of money given to schools each year by the Government to improve the attainment and of disadvantaged children.
Who can apply? Your child may be eligible for pupil premium if you receive, or have received in the last six years, any of the following benefits:
· Income-based jobseekers’ allowance
- Income-related employment and support allowance
· Support under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
· The guaranteed element of state pension credit
· Child tax credit, provided that you are not also entitled to working tax credit and have an annual gross income of £16,190 or less
· Universal credit
Why should I apply?
If you apply and qualify for the funding, the school can use the money to provide valuable support such as:
· Extra one-to-one or small-group support for children within the classroom
· Funding educational trips and visits
· Investing in resources that boost children’s learning, such as laptops or tablets.
Children who first qualify for Pupil Premium in the Nursery, Reception, and Years 1&2 will get a free school sweatshirt or jumper and a blue, yellow or white polo shirt!
PLEASE either e-mail details below to firstname.lastname@example.org for us to check eligibility or fill in the form available below in the section Pupil Premium Documents and return to the office with the supporting documents. This information will be treated as confidential and accessible only to those involved in the process.
If your child is in Years 3-6 and is eligible for Free School Meals, there is no need for you to apply for Pupil Premium funding. Please fill in the Free School Meals form.