Autumn 2 -Absorption.
Here is some information to help your child understand Aborption;
When you are using this learning muscle, you...
- become engrossed in what you are doing
- may not be aware of the passing of time
- find being absorbed satisfying and rewarding
- like the feeling of being stretched in your learning.
Language to encourage absorption:
- You look as though you're really enjoying puzzling over that.
- I wonder if you do anything differently when you're really engaged in what you're doing?
- What do you really like doing? What makes you able to get so aborbed into it?
- What did it feel like last time you got really into something?
- What do you think might have made you feel like this?
- What do you think might help you feel like that again?
- What do you like about... Waht would make you like....in the same sort of way?
- What can you find out about....that would help you enjoy?
- It feels good when you get right into an activity.
PHOTOS TO FOLLOW.